SKYPE Update for iPhone.

Post any interesting News articles you think may be worth sharing (Mac related or not)

Moderator: terlga

SKYPE Update for iPhone.

Postby terlga » June 30th, 2017, 6:45 pm

If you do not like the new SKYPE here is how to get back to the old one.

Well, if you're on a Mac and an iPhone, and are lucky enough not to have emptied the trash since the last update:

1. Remove the Skype app from iPhone.
2. On the Mac, search for 'Skype' in a finder file window. The app was in ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications on my machine.
3. On the Mac, drag Skype 8.1.46715.ipa to the trash.
4. On the Mac, drag Skype 6.35.54.ipa from the trash to the folder where you dragged 8.1.4xx from. (It may add a ' 1' to the end if you've got the previous version for the iPad in the folder, but it didn't seem to hurt, still showed up as 'Skype for iPhone' in iTunes)
5. Connect iPhone to Mac, open it by clicking on the phone icon at the top next to the pull-down list.
6. Select 'Apps' (just under 'Summary')
7. Scroll down to the Skype for iPhone app and click the 'install' button.
8. Click the 'apply' button at the bottom of the page.

After the phone apps are updated, start the app on the phone. I had to re-enter my username/password, but I'm happily back at version 6.35 without all the comic-book colors, and I can set my status as well.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Skype or MS, this worked for me, not warranted to work for you: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :)

I have just done this, but a little different. If you don't sync via iCloud and you haven't synced via cable with iTunes since updating skype on the iPhone just delete skype on your iPhone and then sync normally with your cable. I am now back to my old Skype.
terlga
ADMIN

Return to News Articles