North Wales

News from outside our area.

Moderator: terlga

Postby Sheila2 » December 22nd, 2005, 12:02 pm

I would start a user group in North Wales, but as I have failed to find any other Mac people in North Wales maybe I should give this up. I feel like I am a group of one :huh: but I know I should be more patient. I see Macs for sale in PC World, Bangor, so who the hell buys em? :unsure:
I will keep looking...

Sheila
Sheila2

Postby Sheila2 » December 24th, 2005, 12:50 am

Thanks, Richard, you have some good ideas there.

I will get busy when the turkey has been consumed and the cards are all curled up at the edges. This silly season is getting too silly.:blink:

Merry Christmas!

Sheila
Sheila2

Postby Sheila2 » February 15th, 2006, 9:11 am

To be honest, I have less time recently. Moving to a new part of the world sort of scared me at first, but now I am settling in, and even going on a course to learn this obscure lingo.
The Macintosh room in Yahoo keeps me posted with more Mac info than I can absorb. And I have a global network of Mac pals, but I still think Mac people up here in North Wales are very few and far between.
I did ask at the Mac Expo for any local users both here and in Lincolnshire where I used to live, and drew a total blank.
I am a bit stuck for now and unable to travel, as I moved here to look after elderly parents.

Anyway, I like to be different... eccentric even B)
So.. I am a group of 1 for now.

Thanks for your help, Richard... and its always worth a visit up here. Especially in the summer. Keep in touch. And I will continue to keep an eye on this forum... ;)
Sheila2

Postby technomac » September 22nd, 2006, 10:04 pm

Hello Sheila!

Are you still with this forum? Did I read that you mentioned Christmas! A long time has passed.

I'm in mid west wales. Found any North Wales Apple users yet?

:D
technomac

Postby terlga » September 23rd, 2006, 10:35 am

Hi technomac,
I thaught Pembrokeshire was still in South West Wales, or has it been moved? :D
Terry.
terlga
ADMIN

Postby Sheila2 » September 23rd, 2006, 12:38 pm

Yes, I do still keep an eye on this forum... and No, I haven't found a single Mac user around here. Just a lot of Windozers complaining about spyware, viruses and other cr*p. I enjoy having that smug smile as they complain..
Time has flown, probably because I seem to have got busier... and busier, and spend less time on the net now. But winter is coming, less outdoor things to do then. I am still trying to learn this odd lingo too.
The Yahoo Macintosh room has almost disappeared, but most of my Mac contacts are still around, often in iChat.
Are you aware that Yahoo is at long last producing beta messenger releases? It seems that they have someone that knows we exist. One day they will actually allow Macs into chatrooms, without the need for Adium.

anyway... I am still here
:rolleyes: :blink:
cya
Sheila
Sheila2

Postby technomac » September 24th, 2006, 9:41 pm

O.K. teriga. It's SW Wales. Beautiful county it is too.

Sheila your learning (odd lingo) welsh?

I was hoping to have a debate about the abolition of nuclear weapons but nobody is up for it yet.

:unsure:
technomac

Postby terlga » September 25th, 2006, 8:53 am

Maybe we should have a debate about abolishing taxpayers support for the National Assembly and the Welsh language with all its waste and inconvenience, that might prove more interesting. :(
terlga
ADMIN

Postby Sheila2 » September 25th, 2006, 10:28 am

yes.. the odd lingo is Welsh..
Dwi'n dysgy Cymraeg... or something like that. I am struggling with it, seems to make very little sense the order of the words, but I have to do it if I ever get the chance to teach again, on Anglesey. I guess in Cardiff you guys are only English speakers? or "mid Wales"?

If you want a nuclear debate... how about the debate on whether to build another nuclear power station about 10 miles from me on Anglesey, on the site of an old one. That one is a dilemma that is close to my heart.

See you
Sheila
Sheila2

Postby terlga » September 25th, 2006, 10:47 am

Re nuclear debate, Nuclear energy is the only practical energy for the future, and the site of the old powerstation is the best site for the new one- in my opinion.
Terry B)
terlga
ADMIN

Postby Sheila2 » September 25th, 2006, 10:54 am

I have to agree with you,Terlga, Anglesey needs it too.. jobs.. power.. the economy. But the debate continues with people who do not know the area.
I am not sure I would have been so pro-nuclear power before I moved here.

By the way, I might be exploring South Wales, sometime around Xmas... Port Toilet, I was told ;)
Also, I am hoping to get to the Mac Expo at end of October, there is usually a few of us that meet on the Saturday, not sure whats happening yet though.

Sheila
Sheila2

Postby technomac » September 25th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Looks like we don't see I to I on this one.

Another nuclear power station. Another bomb factory. Very expensive and not at all eco friendly.

Solar, wind and tidal power is the way forward in my opinion.
technomac

Postby Sheila2 » September 25th, 2006, 8:35 pm

I love forums that get off topic!!

Where I used to live in Lincolnshire, they had a big nimby movement against the new wind turbines, yet the gas fired power stations seemed to be built with hardly a whimper. I am pleased to see that the wind lobby seem to have won a bit now there.

A nuclear power station is fine, until things go wrong. Fortunately that is very rare these days. But I do know the effects of Chernobyl are still measurable on Anglesey.
Sheila2

Next

Return to Other Welsh MUGs