Free Drawing Program for Mac

Post any interesting News articles you think may be worth sharing (Mac related or not)

Moderator: terlga

Postby Richard » November 5th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Anyone looking for vector graphic drawing software lately (especially for the IntelMacs) will notice that the choice is quite limited:

Corel Draw (not universal and not being maintained but fairly inexpensive)

Adobe Illustrator / Freehand (shame about the takeover) and terribly expensive with a universal version coming this spring

OpenOffice / Neo Office program (free but not quite up to what one can see is possible such as with Gimp and what it offers for the Photoshop side)

Anyway now there is another program that is also available in universal versions:

<a href='http://www.chromaticbytes.com/' target='_blank'>Zeus Draw vector graphics program</a>

I have just found out about it and have not used it yet but until I can report about what it is like later others may wish to check it out as well.

Cheers,

Richard
--
Richard
Mac Addict

Re: Free Drawing Program for Mac

Postby bizziebakson » January 27th, 2010, 6:06 am

Hi!
I have finally realised my dream of owning a Mac - a beautiful 17" MacBook Pro. It is pre-owned and in top working order. I am currently running Parallels in order to access a favourite DTP programme (Serif,since 1995) but would like to switch to a Mac-based product. The one I found has good reviews and is billed as an inDesign alternative. It's name is Scribus and seems to be a full featured freeware, so the price is just right!

It requires the installation of Ghostcript which, according to the websites that deal with the download of said software (also freeware) seems to be more complex than I can manage. Has anybody had experience with either product?
Glad to be a member of the group.

Bizziebakson
bizziebakson

Return to News Articles